Bolt back on top of the world



Usain Bolt successfully retained his 200m title at the World Championships with an impressive victory in a rapid time of 19.40 seconds.

The Jamaican put the devastation of his 100m disqualification behind him to beat American Walter Dix into second place with Cristophe Lemaitre of France taking bronze.
But once in line for the tape Bolt cruised clear, for once running right through the line to clock the fourth fastest time in history - only Michael Johnson has run faster.
Bolt was not exactly slow out of the blocks after his false start in the 100m but he took most of the bend to close down nearest rival Dix.
The Jamaican dragged Dix to a season's best of 19.70 while European champion Lemaitre also smashed his lifetime best and his national record, clocking 19.80secs.
It was Dix's second medal of the championships after he claimed the silver behind Bolt's team-mate Yohan Blake in the 100m.

Nervous

"I've proved to the world that I'm still the best," Bolt said. "I made a mistake in the 100m. If I hadn't I would have won.
"When I watched the hurdles race I saw there was positive wind and that's a good sign so I decided to just come out there and run as hard as possible.
"Lane three was a bit tight for me. I always wish to run in an outside lane. I didn't run a perfect corner. If I'd run a good corner I could have come in the straight and done much better. But I'm happy."
Asked if he was under pressure following the 100m, Bolt added: "It wasn't really big pressure. I was a little bit nervous. I'm always nervous for the 200, I think because it's my favourite event and I love doing it so much.
"But for me the start wasn't a pressure because all I had to do was sit and wait. And that was it."

No comments:

Post a Comment