Hernandez fears of being sidelined eased



Javier Hernandez's agent claims the injury sustained by his client is not as bad as first feared and he could return to training on Wednesday.

The Manchester United striker was on the receiving end of a hefty tackle from Chelsea's Ashley Cole during the Red Devils' 3-1 victory at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Sir Alex Ferguson was quick to condemn the challenge after the game and claimed Hernandez could be sidelined for up to two weeks.
There were initial fears that he could be absent for much longer than that, with the full extent of the problem unclear.
Hernandez has, however, undergone a scan and his representative claims he has suffered nothing more than a 'bump'.
The Mexico international will play no part in Tuesday's Carling Cup clash with Leeds, but he is expected to return to training in midweek.
"Nothing, it's just a bump, nothing more," said Eduardo Hernandez.
"It looked like (his absence) was longer, they were looking for a fracture, that's why they ran those tests on him.


Tests

"I expect him to be training without incident on Wednesday."
United will not be taking any risks regarding Hernandez's fitness, especially as they have other options in attack.
Dimitar Berbatov is expected to be returned to the starting XI against Leeds while Danny Welbeck, who has been nursing a hamstring problem, claims he is ready for a first-team recall ahead of schedule.
He told the club's official website: "I trained late last week and had a little rest on Sunday before coming back in again on Monday. I'm feeling good.
"I don't know the squad yet for Leeds but, if I'm called upon, I'm always prepared to be there as I feel ready. I wouldn't be training if I wasn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment